Deadline extended: Monday 2 May, 2022
Salary: £40,000–£50,000, plus very generous benefits
Based: Camden, London
About The Bloom Foundation
Founded in 2011, the Bloom Foundation is a UK-based family trust which spends on average £4.5 million a year and funds a diverse portfolio of charities in the UK and Israel. The Foundation seeks to:
- Mainstream a preventative approach to improve health, with a particular focus on research and lifestyle-based interventions
- Create a more cohesive society in Israel, particularly through common purpose programs and advocacy, which bring together different parts of society.
- Strengthen the UK Jewish community and the local Brighton community through supporting key service organisations.
The Foundation is run by a small executive team and there is a close and collaborative relationship with the Trustees. The team works closely together and meets regularly; they also manage their own workloads and work to tight deadlines. The team bring grant applications to the trustee’s quarterly meetings and are responsible for the grants cycle and for building strong and supportive relationships with the grantees.
The Bloom Foundation is co-located with a private company and benefits from shared resources and office space. The culture is very friendly, flexible and hard-working. People are valued and appreciated and employees enjoy a sociable and relaxed environment. The business and philanthropic activities are intertwined and there is a creative flow between the two. The Foundation team oversee the delivery of the corporate charity programme.
What makes it exciting?
There will be lots of opportunities for the Senior Grants Manager to get involved in shaping the future of the organisation and helping the Foundation deliver of some exciting challenges. These include:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of strategies, policies and processes to ensure that the grants programme is creative, innovative and delivers positive outcomes.
- Enabling the Foundation’s grant-making approach, which is engaging over the long term with grantees, to support them to deliver on their mission successfully.
- Representing the Foundation externally, networking and building relationships to enable the Foundation’s work to be as effective as possible.
The Senior Grants Manager will need to be a team player who can work collaboratively and add value to the work. They will genuinely enjoy grant making as well as have the curiosity and desire to learn and develop new areas of knowledge and expertise. It could be the right opportunity for a range of potential candidates but whatever your motivations, The Bloom Foundation would like to hear from you, particularly if you:
- Have grant making experience and emotional intelligence.
- Are a good communicator, relationship builder and team player.
- Are flexible, strategic and analytical, and able to deliver.
- Have a demonstrable passion for the foundation’s work and a genuine interest in and willingness to learn about all its areas of work.
How to apply
DEADLINE 10am on Monday 2 May, 2022.