About The Hilden Charitable Fund
The Hilden Charitable Fund is dedicated to funding community groups to work with asylum seekers and refugees, disadvantaged young people, penal affairs, homelessness and small projects in developing countries. The fund is committed to social justice and focusses its funding on grassroots organisations, which make a big difference at the community level.
As we begin the journey into a post-Covid and post-Brexit country the Fund approaches its 60th anniversary and there will undoubtedly be challenges and opportunities to be faced. So, we are now seeking a Director who will work closely with the Trustees to help shape and develop the Fund going forward.
A high impact, hands-on role, with scope for creativity and innovation!
The opportunities for the Director to make a real contribution are manifold, including:
- Working with the Board to develop strategies, plans and ways of working for the future, including supporting the trustees to set grant making policies.
- Managing the grant making process, including assessing applications for funding and presenting them to the trustees at quarterly meetings.
- Engaging with grassroots voluntary organisations in a period of major change.
- Building on our collaboration with the community and voluntary sector, other funders, and networks such as ACF and IVAR, enhancing Hilden’s profile and enabling its involvement in innovation.
The Director could come from a range of relevant backgrounds and be someone who is ready to lead a small organisation for the first time, or who already has experience of being a Director. Whatever your background we should be delighted to hear from you, especially if you have a strong track record of:
- Voluntary sector experience at grassroots level and knowledge and understanding of grant making,
- Managing in a collaborative environment, and
- Relationship building and networking.
We value and respect all the differences that make us who we are, including: age, cultural background, disability and mental health, ethnicity and race, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, and social background.
How to apply
Download the candidate information pack for more details. You will need the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form. Send these, together with your CV, to email@example.com by 10am on Wednesday, 12 May, 2021.