Closing date: Monday 1 March, 2021
About the National Association for AONBs
The National Association for AONBs supports the UK’s 46 Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We are a nurturing organisation with long-term vision and have excellent working relationships with our members, partners, Government and media. We are very proud of our track record and achievements – the results of our commitment to putting people and their potential at the heart of the AONB Family and our passion for our landscapes.
The organisation is a key part of the environmental movement in the UK. Under the leadership of Howard Davies we have achieved a huge amount. We punch well above our weight and are in good shape, but there is a long way to go. Never has it been more apparent that the world faces huge environmental challenges – the need to tackle climate change and to recover and protect nature in our landscapes is becoming ever more urgent. So, the new Chief Executive will take over at a time when there will be many opportunities to make a real and lasting contribution, including:
- Working with us to develop new visions and strategies for nature recovery and the challenges of climate change,
- Leading the AONB network to build on our high profile and strong relationships across a range of audiences,
- Maximising the opportunities for the organisation arising from the changing policy environment and various environmental initiatives that will take place in England and Wales over the coming years,
- Leading a talented and committed team, membership and partnerships to maximise our potential to make an historic contribution to Protected Landscapes.
The new Chief Executive could come from a range of relevant backgrounds but they will need to hit the ground running in terms of experience and knowledge about the environment and the conservation of nature and heritage in the context of Protected Landscapes. You should be ready to take on a demanding but rewarding leadership role within a collaborative and collegiate community. With this applicable grounding, we are excited to hear from you, especially if you:
- Have a strong passion for the environment,
- Are a relationship builder with emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills, who relishes collaboration,
- Are a natural networker who thrives on building strategic partnerships,
- Have vision and strategic flair and are able to work with us to maximise our impact.