Salary: £40-50,000 (pro rata)
Contract: Part-time (4 days per week), fixed term until 31 August 2023
Location: Harford Street Multicentre, E1
About the Ocean Regeneration Trust
ORT’s vision is to improve the quality of life for all those who live and work on the Ocean Estate in Stepney, east London, and to increase the numbers of people in the area who contribute actively to making the Ocean and surrounding neighbourhoods a better place.
ORT’s main income stream every year is from ground rents from properties built as part of the Ocean Regeneration Scheme and we use this for the benefit of the local community. This income is used to provide grants to the local community, which provide education and training, engage young people, promote wellbeing and inclusion, or connect older people. We also actively support other projects on the estate and engage in outreach with the community.
For a small organisation our impact is significant but there is a lot more to do! The Board is committed to remaining at the heart of the community, continuing our work to further its economic and social development. There are many opportunities to work with and listen to the community and to develop projects that support and contribute to the development of the residents. We are also committed to working in partnership with other charities to provide services and support. So, there is a lot of potential to be unlocked and we now seek a new Director.
A high impact, hands-on role, with scope for creativity and innovation!
The opportunities for the Director to make a real contribution are manifold, including:
- Working with the community, the Board, the Community Development Manager and others in the area to develop strategies, plans and ways of working for the future.
- Overseeing the grant programme to ensure that it is effective and having the most impact possible.
- Engaging with the community and grassroots voluntary organisations in a period of major change.
- Building on our collaboration with the community and other charities working in the area
The Director could come from a range of relevant backgrounds and be someone who is ready to lead a small organisation for the first time, or who already has experience of being a Director. Whatever your background, we will be delighted to hear from you, especially if you have a strong track record of:
- Voluntary sector experience at grassroots level,
- Knowledge and understanding of grant making,
- Developing and delivering community projects,
- Relationship building and networking,
- Commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
We value and respect all the differences that make us who we are, including: age, cultural background, disability and mental health, ethnicity and race, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, and social background.
How to apply
Download the candidate information pack for more details. You will need the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form. Send these, together with your CV, to email@example.com by 10am on Friday, 6 August, 2021 (deadline extended)