Salary: c. £50,000
Location: London (Southwark / London Bridge), SE1 0NZ
Are you our next Chief Executive?
Are you a strong campaigner with a track record of persuading and influencing a wide range of audiences?
Are you passionate about protected landscapes and the environment?
Do you enjoy the challenge of leadership, organisational development and management?
Are you able to lead a small but successful organisation?
If so, you may be the right person to join Campaign for National Parks at a crucial time for the organisation and for protected landscapes and the environment.
About Campaign for National Parks
Campaign for National Parks is the only national, independent charity dedicated to protecting, improving and promoting all of the National Parks of England and Wales; its membership represents more than four million people.
Founded 82 years ago, Campaign for National Parks has been a leading voice in setting up National Parks and has tirelessly campaigned to keep them safe and unspoilt for everyone to enjoy, now and in the future.
All Campaign for National Parks’ campaigning work is high-impact, cost-effective and lobbying and partnership based. Our recent achievements include significant roles in the extensions of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks in 2016, and stopping cuts to funding for English National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs).
It’s an exciting time to join us!
A number of initiatives and projects are taking place which will, over the next few years, provide Campaign for National Parks with more opportunities to play an important part in protecting National Parks and shaping their future. For example,
- Next year is the 70thAnniversary of the 1949 National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act, which gave us the first National Parks. This will provide an opportunity for Campaign for National Parks to be more visible and get its messages heard more widely.
- The government’s Glover Review will provide significant opportunities for Campaign for National Parks to have a voice and influence the future of National Parks in England
Campaign for National Parks is in a positive place so it’s an exciting time to join and lead the organisation and there are many opportunities for the new Chief Executive to make a real contribution, including:
- Continuing to lead, grow and develop a small organisation and talented team, securing its future and place.
- Representing Campaign for National Parks at this key time and being its campaigning voice with stakeholders and policy and decision makers and with the public and ensuring that the opportunities presented by The Glover Review in England and “Future Landscapes” in Wales are maximised.
- Leading the celebrations of the National Parks Act’s 70thAnniversary, which will attract an audience from politicians and peers, National Park Authorities, potential funders and many other organisations.
The Chief Executive
The new Chief Executive will inherit a positive and exciting legacy. This is an opportunity for someone to build on recent successes and take the organisation even further. The Chief Executive has an opportunity to influence and shape the future of Campaign for National Parks’ campaigns and will need to be passionate and creative, and have good instincts for what will work and be most effective.
The new Chief Executive could come from a range of backgrounds: someone perhaps who feels ready to lead an organisation for the first time, or who already has experience of being a Chief Executive. Whatever, your background we should be delighted to hear from you, especially if you have a strong track record of campaigning, enjoy working as part of a team and developing and growing talent, are creative and entrepreneurial and passionate about protected landscapes.
You may not have a background in an environmental organisation but you will need to demonstrate the potential quickly to develop the understanding and knowledge of protected landscapes necessary to represent Campaign for National Parks at the highest levels.
How to apply
Download the candidate information pack from this link. Then download the application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, and send with your CV to CNP@allysondavies-consultant.com. The deadline is 10am on Friday, 14 December, 2018.